Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Sun

Labor Day weekend is upon us which means that weather permitting I should get a fair amount of telescope time. Tonight will be relaxed under a nearly full moon (it didn't look blue last night!) and today's Solar observing will be leisurely.  There is quite a bit of activity today in both Hydrogen Alpha and white light.  I hope to spend a couple hours continuing to observe in Hydrogen Alpha as there are many prominence and active regions to be studied.  In the mean time, I did take a white light picture of the Sun this morning using my TEC 140 APO, Lunt Herschel Prism, and a 2x Barlow.  The image below was captured at 1454 UT- while the eyepiece and camera views are grey scale, I did create a false color version for those who enjoy the yellow.

Click the images to enlarge to full size




No comments:

Post a Comment