Sunday, June 3, 2012

Final test for the Transit of Venus

One more attempt this morning to try some different settings on the camera.  It appears that at the moment I am still seeing the best results from 1/4000 of a second at ISO 100.  I tried shooting in monochrome as well as with some different color schemes, but the standard is still giving the best results.  Below is an image taken this morning with my TEC 140 and Herschel solar prism at 7:52 AM MST (1452 UT).  I did play around with this shot using the freeware program GIMP, and used the unsharp mask tool and I also increased the contrast slightly. Overall, assuming the weather holds, I should be able to get some decent shots of the Transit on Tuesday.  Make sure and click on the image to see the full size.


If you are interested in what got me to this point with the new camera, read this post from yesterday. My next post on the Transit will be after the fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment